Your commercial landscaping is one of the first things customers see when they arrive at your business — and the impression they get from it matters.
Is your landscaping neat and beautiful, or is it filled with weeds and damaged by gophers or other rodents?
Here at Smith’s Pest Management, we keep commercial facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area free from damaging rodents, so we understand what a successful maintenance program requires.
In this blog, we discuss the ins and outs of commercial landscape maintenance and what every successful maintenance plan needs to include.
Let’s dive in.
What is Commercial Landscape Maintenance?
Commercial landscape maintenance is the process of planning, designing, and maintaining a commercial property to keep it attractive and welcoming.
Good commercial landscape maintenance allows businesses to maintain their buildings’ curb appeal and ensure customers always get a great first impression.
It also enhances the safety and functionality of commercial property by removing debris like downed branches and leaves and keeping the property pristine all year long.
Most professional landscaping companies offer commercial landscape services. Standard packages usually include mowing and ornamental care, although most companies tailor their services based on a customer’s needs.
As you think about commercial landscape maintenance, you also need to consider the role of pests.
For example, burrowing rodents can destroy even the most beautiful landscaping. Because of this, we always recommend that our customers invest in a gopher trapping program, in addition to standard commercial landscape services.
What are the Benefits of a Commercial Landscape Maintenance Program?
Without a commercial landscaping program, it can be challenging to maintain any landscape – especially a large one.
With that in mind, here are just a few of the benefits of a good commercial landscape maintenance program:
- Greener, lusher grass that looks great and feels nice underfoot.
- Vibrant, healthy flower beds.
- Weed-free planting areas that look neat and tidy.
- Shrubs and greenery that are well-maintained and shaped.
- Inviting, relaxing outdoor spaces for your customers and patrons.
- Pest management and mitigation for pest-free areas.
Ultimately, commercial landscape maintenance programs handle all of a property’s landscaping needs. This saves time for business owners and managers.
Wondering who might need a commercial landscape program?
Any company that has outdoor space but doesn’t have the skills or time necessary to maintain it.
Here are a few facilities that may find a commercial landscape program especially helpful:
- Management firms.
- Homeowners associations.
- Golf courses.
- Clients in a variety of industrial, retail, and commercial markets.
What Does a Successful Commercial Landscape Maintenance Program Include?
Most landscaping companies tailor their commercial programs to suit a customer’s needs. Most packages, however, include the following services:
- Tree and hedge trimming and pruning. These services keep your trees, hedges, and shrubs safe, healthy, strong, and well-shaped.
- Mowing and edging. Regular mowing and edging services keep your grass tidy, healthy, and green.
- Weed control and removal. Landscaping teams often treat and remove noxious and invasive weeds for a neat, weed-free landscape.
- Mulching and fertilizing. Regular mulching and fertilizing help your landscaping retain moisture and stay green and vibrant all season long.
- Inspecting irrigation and drainage. Whether you need to add irrigation or add drainage to prevent flooding, most commercial landscape teams will oversee the entire process.
- Tree care. Good tree care keeps your trees healthy and strong, so they keep providing shade and beauty for years to come.
- Leaf & tree debris removal. Landscaping teams remove leaf and tree debris throughout the year to keep your landscaping clean and debris-free.
- Preventative gopher control. Adding preventive gopher control to your commercial landscape maintenance program can be an excellent value-added “insurance policy,” saving the landscape maintenance professional from embarrassing landscape, lawn, and flower bed damage.
- And more.
How Much Does a Commercial Landscape Maintenance Program Cost?
The answer is “it depends.”
The ultimate cost of your commercial landscape maintenance program will depend on the size of your property, the number of locations that require maintenance, and the services included in the package.
Here are a few of the factors that will affect the cost of the program:
- The maintenance schedule. The more frequently you need maintenance services, the greater the program’s overall cost.
- The size of the property. The size of your property will impact the cost of the maintenance program. Larger properties cost more to maintain than smaller properties because large properties require more man hours and equipment than smaller properties.
- The type of services needed. Full-service maintenance programs are generally more expensive than minimal programs that only include basic mowing, for example. Comprehensive lawn care, ornamental plant care, and irrigation are all premium services that will cost more than base services.
While the cost of commercial landscape maintenance plans varies, it’s essential to know that commercial landscaping teams can work with your budget and needs.
Protect Your Commercial Landscape in the San Francisco Bay Area With Smith’s Gopher Trapping Program!
While good commercial landscaping services will help keep your property beautiful, even the best landscape maintenance program is no match for gophers and other burrowing rodents.
If you want to protect your property, enrolling in a gopher trapping program with Smith’s is the only way to do it.