The sunny skies and luxurious warm weather of Santa Clara attract a host of sun-seekers, vacationers, and long-term residents, but these furry rascals are more interested in what they can do to turn your house into their home.
- Mice are 3-3.5 inch animals whose chief occupation is scouting out safe places for their growing families.
- The infamous rat includes many different species of rodents, ranging from 5-18 inches in length. Their large size and aggressive natures are worrisome to homeowners with young families.
- Some rodents, like squirrels, are less frequent invaders of Santa Clara homes due to their wild and often untamable natures.
Rodents such as mice, rats, and squirrels aren’t just noisy neighbors in your walls, basement, or attic: they are dangerous mammals that thrive on disorder and destruction. Most rodents are vectors bacteria and parasites due to their curious natures and strong immune systems. These illnesses are spread from host to host via rodent contamination of food, food-prep surfaces, and microscopic water droplets spread from their urine and fecal matter.
What’s worse, rodents are messy and destructive animals, leaving droppings, chewed surfaces, and oily marks along the walls where they run. For the family who enjoys living in a tidy home, a rodent infestation will become their worst nightmare. If a rodent infestation has established itself within your home, it is imperative that you begin the necessary steps toward removal through a professional, licensed pest control agency such as Smith’s Pest Management.
Top 3 Ways To Reduce Or Eliminate Attracting Rodent Factors
Rodents will investigate a home for infestation if there is a high prevalence of attracting factors. By minimizing, eliminating, or managing these factors, rodents are far less likely to be interested in scouting out your home for potential nesting sites. These attracting factors include:
- High levels of moisture in the air
- Garbage availability
- Dirty homes
- Dark, cluttered spaces
Listed below are the three most important steps that help home and business owners manage pest concerns and rodent problems in the Santa Clara area.
1. Repair and seal any cracks and gaps around the home, even ones that measure no larger than a dime. Rodents can fit through any opening their heads can squeeze into, which includes some very small spaces.
2. Use dehumidifiers to reduce moisture in the home.
3. Complete an intensive home cleaning once every six months to reduce clutter and spaces for rodents to hide.
For more tips and tricks regarding rodent control, schedule a complimentary inspection with Smith’s Pest Management today.
Never Be Nervous With Smith’s Pest Management
No matter how hard we try, the complete occlusion of rodents is simply not a viable option for residents in the Southern California area. There will always be a slim chance that a wandering rat or mouse will find a hole to squeeze through, a door ajar, or a window left slightly open. This isn’t necessarily a cause for alarm, but an excellent reminder that pest control is not just a luxury, but a modern necessity. The most effective form of rodent control will always be found in a long-term prevention plan established between you and the pest professionals at Smith’s Pest Management, Santa Clara’s premier pest control company for rodents, wildlife, and beyond.
Visit us or chat with us online about your rodent concerns.