Solving Mill Valley’s Pest Control Problems For Good
Mill Valley, CA, is one of the most enjoyable areas in Marin County, California. Offering Muir Woods National Monument, Mount Tamalpais State Park, and a variety of other natural attractions, it’s also one of the most beautiful. Mill Valley gets year-round visitors from around the world, and the community is proud to be such a destination.
Unfortunately, the area is also in demand with some less-welcome guests: pests like moles, gophers, ground squirrels, and more.
These burrowing pests thrive in Mill Valley’s temperate climate and can cause extreme, expensive damage to your garden, lawn, and landscaping.
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with them forever.
At Smith’s Pest Management, we take pride in protecting commercial and residential properties in Mill Valley because we are a Mill Valley business!
For more than ten years, our team has served residential customers throughout Marin County, Santa Clara County, Mill Valley, and the surrounding areas.
Additionally, we offer humane, green, non-toxic, and organic pest control services and year-round protection for you and your property.
Gopher Control and Removal in Mill Valley
Gophers are annoying, sure, but do you have to be so proactive about removing them? The simple answer is yes! Here’s why:
- Gophers can cause extensive property damage. Gophers burrow under the ground to create their dens and tunnels. When they do, they can destroy underground utility and irrigation lines, chew through the vulnerable root systems of young plants, and even cause soil disruption that could compromise the stability of your home’s foundation. Gophers also gnaw on young trees and plants and can quickly kill most of the landscaping in your yard – creating costly and unsightly damage.
- Gophers reproduce quickly. Think your gopher problem will go away on its own? Think again. Gophers reproduce relatively quickly – producing between 1 and 3 litters per year, each averaging 5-6 young. Left unattended, a gopher infestation will multiply rapidly.
- Gophers can destroy your lawn. You’ve worked hard to create a beautiful, calming outdoor space; unfortunately, it only takes a few gopher mounds to ruin it. When gophers break through the surface of the soil after digging their tunnels, they create mounds of dirt. These mounds are unsightly and can also cause damage to farm equipment and lawnmowers. In ideal soil conditions, a single gopher can produce several mounds each day.
Here at Smith’s Pest Management, we provide comprehensive gopher control services to help you reclaim your Mill Valley property. We use proven trapping methods to eliminate your gopher population without putting kids, pets, or non-target species at risk.
Mole Control and Removal in Mill Valley
Like gophers, moles are invasive, burrowing pests that can wreak havoc on your lawn, garden, and landscaping. Moles spend most of their lives underground, digging through the soil to find grubs, bugs, and worms to eat.
Here are a few good reasons to invest in mole removal in Mill Valley:
- Moles can be destructive. Moles have large, claw-like hands that allow them to dig rapidly and displace large amounts of dirt as they do. As they create their burrows in the soil, they can damage the roots of turfgrass, causing your lawn to die or turn yellow or brown.
- Mole paths and mounds are hazardous. Like gophers, moles create mounds that can present dangerous trip and fall hazards to anyone in your outdoor space.
- Moles can kill plants and crops. The digging and feeding behavior of moles can cause extensive damage to your outdoor space – and we don’t just mean your lawn. Moles can also damage or kill plants, trees, and crops (like fruits or vegetables) you’re growing in your outdoor space.
As you can see, moles are destructive little pests. Fortunately, our team is here to help you remove them. At Smith’s Pest Management, we provide comprehensive mole control and removal services to help you reclaim your space. We start by identifying active mole runways and setting well-placed traps to contain and eliminate moles quickly. The result? A mole-free area you want to spend time in again.
Ground Squirrel Control in Mill Valley
Ground squirrels are some of the most common burrowing pests in California. Unfortunately, they’re also some of the most destructive. Here’s why getting rid of them matters:
- Ground squirrels breed rapidly. Ground squirrel gestation only lasts one month, and the typical litter contains 5-8 babies. Left unattended, a ground squirrel population can explode rapidly, quickly growing out of control.
- Ground squirrels can carry diseases. Ground squirrels can carry diseases that are dangerous to humans and domestic pets – including bubonic plague.
- Ground squirrels can destroy outdoor spaces. They burrow through the soil, causing severe damage to your foundation, pool, or patio and destroying underground irrigation, water, and utility lines. Ground squirrels will also destroy vulnerable vegetation.
At Smith’s Pest Management, we’re serious about ground squirrel removal in Mill Valley, CA. Our team of experienced technicians provides cutting-edge ground squirrel control services designed to eliminate these frustrating pests and help you enjoy your outdoor space once more.
Bird Control in Mill Valley
Many property owners overlook bird problems. If you think that birds aren’t a big problem or there’s nothing you can do about them, you’d be wrong on both accounts.
There are a variety of birds that plague Mill Valley properties and can bring health hazards or costly damage to your property.
What you need to understand about bird control is that while birds may not be avoidable, it’s hard to get rid of birds on your own. A quick Internet search can guide you to many DIY bird control methods you can make yourself or buy from a store, but these only work for a short period (if they work at all).
Without professional bird control solutions, they could be back in a few days in larger numbers, damaging your property with their feces and putting your customers in potentially dangerous situations. To protect your business from frustrating bird problems in a sustainable way, call Smith’s Pest Management before the problem gets any worse.
Yellow Jacket Control in Mill Valley
Yellow jackets are some of the most dangerous flying insects because of their pack mentality and ability to sting multiple times.
A yellow jacket nest on your property is an accident waiting to happen, but dealing with yellow jacket infestations on your own is just as dangerous.
To avoid attracting them onto your property, store your outdoor trash securely. Yellow jackets love to feed on discarded meat and any source of sugar and love easy access to the trash. Also, be careful about having too many fruit trees on your property, as these are another popular source of sugar for yellow jackets.
If you do incur an infestation, call for professional help immediately. Since yellow jackets typically nest underground, it can be hard to know the full extent of an infestation.
However, Smith’s Pest Management pest technicians receive a lot of training in yellow jacket nest identification and eradication, so don’t wait. Call us at the first sign of a yellow jacket problem.
Rat Control on Mill Valley Properties
As one of the larger species of rodents, rats can be rather intimidating, especially when you see one on your property.
But it’s not just their appearance you should be worried about. Rats will chew through various objects, including building materials and utility lines, and can spread dangerous bacteria and harmful parasites.
Unfortunately, rats breed quickly, so when a few of them find their way onto your property, it can quickly turn into a full-blown infestation.
Because of this rapid reproduction rate and their high intelligence levels, DIY eradication methods (such as traps and poisons) will rarely keep up.
Only professional eradication solutions can get rid of rats, so your focus should be on avoiding infestation in the first place.
To avoid dangerous and overwhelming rat infestations, make your property less attractive to rats with the following methods:
- Trim back your tree branches to prohibit roof access.
- Clear the clutter around the property and in buildings.
- Store food and trash properly, with particular attention to outdoor trash.
- Limit sources of outdoor food, especially birdseed.
- Rearrange your lawn decorations every few weeks to spook rats away.
While all these methods can help, we understand you have a lot on your plate. To cross rat problems off your to-do list, go with the professional solutions that can prevent and eradicate rats with guaranteed results: call Smith’s Pest Management today!
Professional Pest Control Services In Mill Valley, CA
Part of the benefit of running a business in Mill Valley is the community. Here at Smith’s Pest Management, we serve our community with high-quality and reliable pest management services.
Our Smith’s Pest Management pest technicians are highly trained and certified, with years of experience dealing with the area’s most problematic pests.
Give us a call today to find out about our customizable monthly treatments that can guarantee a pest-free environment in your outdoor space: (408) 871-6988
Kourtney B. - Los Gatos, CA
My chicken coop was put up five years ago. I went out one night and almost had a heart attack because there was probably 100 rats in with the chickens. I called Smith’s and the problem was solved quickly. No more rats!